Created in 2006, African Families Synergy (AFS) is a volunteer-operated nonprofit organization based in Bridgeport/Connecticut. We strive to ensure that vulnerable individuals and families have access to the resources needed to govern their lives, strengthen their families and communities, and exert a positive influence on the world around them.
Our mission is to provide help, assistance, and resources needed to disadvantaged and vulnerable individuals and families in African and African refugees in Connecticut through direct services, sustainable community development initiatives, and advocacy.
|BUILDING BRIDGES |
|INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES |
YOUTH LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
TOGETHER WE CAN SAVE LIVES AND RAISE HOPE
African Families Synergy values:
- Promoting conflict transformation through engagement, forgiveness and love;
- Treating each person with respect, dignity and integrity;
- Maintaining a highly-skilled, motivated, and diverse staff and volunteer corps;
- Accepting diverse people as they are, valuing their strengths and contributions while enabling them to achieve
their full potential;
- Ensuring organizational credibility and accountability;
- Leading through collaborative and sponsorship.
Our vision is a world where:
- Everyone has access to security, health, education, and enjoy life of equal opportunity
- Worth and dignity of every person is valued and cannot be limited by gender, race, ethnicity, class,
disability or age;
- Love and forgiveness should be the foundation upon which is built a more secure, comfortable and
HOUSE OF HOPE PROJET
Click here to learn more about the House of Hope Projet